Guide Turistiche Mantova - deutschGuide Turistiche Mantova - englishGuide Turistiche Mantova - francaisGuide Turistiche Mantova - italiano

Mantova_La_Cavallerizza

“Mantua (Italian: Màntova, in the local dialect of Lombard language Mantua) is a city in Lombardy, Italy and capital of the province of the same name.
Mantua is surrounded on three sides by artificial lakes created during the 12th century. These receive the waters from the Mincio, which descend from Lake Garda. The three lakes are called Lago Superiore, Lago di Mezzo, and Lago Inferiore (“Superior”, “Middle,” and “Inferior” Lakes). A fourth lake, Lake Pajolo, which once completed a defensive water ring of the city, dried up at the end of the 18th century.
Mantua is mentioned in William Shakespeare’s tragedy Romeo and Juliet. In this Romeo is sent into exile for killing Tybalt Capulet in a swordfight. Romeo subsequently leaves Mantua and returns to Verona when he hears his love, Juliet, has died.
The city was founded, probably around 2000 BC, on the banks of the Mincio, on a sort of island which provided natural protection. In the 6th century BC it was an Etruscan village which, in Etruscan tradition, was re-founded by Ocno” Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantua
Mantova was declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO in 2008.
“The Palazzo Ducale di Mantova (“Ducal Palace”) is a group of buildings in the Italian city of Mantua (Lombardy), built between the 14th and the 17th century mainly by the noble family of Gonzaga as their royal residence in the capital of their Duchy. The buildings are connected by corridors and galleries and are enriched by inner courts and wide gardens. The complex includes some 500 rooms and occupies an area of c. 34,000 m². Although most famous for Mantegna’s frescos in the Camera degli Sposi (Wedding Room), they have many other very significant architectural and painted elements.
The most ancient parts of the palace are the Palazzo del Capitano, built in the early 14th century by the Captain of the People Guido Buonacolsi (whose family ruled Mantua from 1271 to 1328) and the Magna Domus. At the end of the same century, Bartolino da Novara, one of the most renowned military architects of the time, erected the Castle of St. George.
The Domus Nova was finished a century later by Luca Fancelli. He is responsible for the part called Corte Nuova (“New Court”), including the ducal apartments with famous fresco cycles by Giulio Romano.” Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo_Ducale_di_Mantova

Torna a: La Città di Mantova
Sito web realizzato da Fabbricasiti.com